Afreximbank- Project Consultant (ATEX)- Cairo, Egypt
Reference Number: SFBLR25
- The role of the position holder will be to lead high-level engagements with African continental and regional bodies and key stakeholders, develop commercial strategies, identify key clients’ needs and requirements to build into ATEX.
- The position’s core role is to ensure excellence in the delivery and support of the Operator (WaysToCap) with the management of the business and operation. The role holder will also ensure the delivery of measurable commercial and development objectives of ATEX. Assist in the preparation of the product Marketing Plan for Supply Chain Finance for Management’s Approval.
- Work with ATEX Operator, WaystoCap and other consultants (including the Africa Buyer Programme) to acquire buyers and sellers of goods and services that will be traded under the AfCFTA and utilise ATEX to facilitate intra-African trade under the AfCFTA.
- Develop a database of buyers and sellers to facilitate importation of fertiliser and other agricultural products from, Africa, Russia, and Ukraine and around the world to meet the growing food and fertiliser demand in Africa.
- Develop and execute an annual business plan to support ATEX growth, with focus on profitable revenue growth and the overall financials of the business.
- Lead high-level political engagements with key stakeholders, including The African Union Commission, AfCFTA Secretariat, UNECA, and Regional Economic Communities (RECs), as well as ministerial-level presentations as maybe required.
- Generate own buyer and seller pipeline efforts to support ATEX business and operation, focusing on the Government agencies, Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and development finance and trade partners.
- Identify opportunities to resolve regional and customer challenges through disciplined, high-quality contact activities, fully leveraging available marketing resources and tools.
- Identify opportunities to resolve transit and finance challenges towards smoothening trade under ATEX.
- Identify logistics partners to support the delivery of goods across the continent.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders relevant to ATEX success, including but not limited to Coverage, Innovation and Product Development, Global Trade Bank and other IATB teams.
- Focus on ATEX demand generation to increase its customer base, grow brand awareness, and drive traffic and revenue.
- Facilitate long and short-term ATEX Strategy to drives sales, maximizes growth opportunities, strengthen developmental impact, and enhance the existing business.
- Develop a partnership strategy (with both industry partners and channel partners)
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First degree and Postgraduate degree in ICT, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain Management or related fields from a recognized University or a relevant professional qualification in lieu.
- Professional presence and relationship-building skills.
- Highly motivated, possess a strong sense of ownership.
- Experience with sales enablement activities in the B2B space.
- 10+ years of industry experience in eCommerce, preferably B2B environment with a focus in B2B strategy, business development, customer service or retail / vendor / supplier management.
- Strong leadership – ability to influence cross-functional teams to achieve business success.
- Experience in offering market insight into the industry, consumer, and competitor trends.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting with good knowledge of business planning practices in Africa.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of international agencies, multilaterals, banks, corporates, and governments including at ministerial levels, heads of Government parastatals in Africa and outside of Africa.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese).
- Consultant (1-year fixed term contract)
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Closing date: 26th January 2023
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org