Reference Number: SRBLR-M-PABF-Oil&Gas
Nature & Scope:
The position holder will support the Director, Project & Asset Based Finance and Senior Manager to manage to the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) and associated portfolio as follows:
- Work with Client Relation (CLRE) to prepare an annual business development plan which will ultimately ensure PABF meet the Bank’s strategic objectives as set up in the Enterprise-Wide Strategy;
- Develop an annual pipeline of viable (Greenfield and Brownfield) projects that promotes Value addition and deepen Intra and Extra African trade;
- Develop a strategic and annual implementation plan and develop a resource plan for the team.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual business development plan, in relation to the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives portfolio;
- Develop an Operating Strategy for the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives unit that will contribute to the Department and Bank-wide strategy;
- Translate business development plans into commercially viable transactions for the Bank;
- As the specialist for Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives within the Bank, the Job Holder will work with CLRE to develop Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives projects that meets the risk appetite;
- Originate commercially viable transactions from market participants which may include international banks, African financial institutions, project finance intermediaries, project sponsors and developers, corporates and organizations;
- Originate, coordinate and execute commercially viable transactions under the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives portfolio across member countries, in liaison with regional offices and with support from Director, Project & Asset Based Finance;
- Develop and advise D(PABF) on Initiatives the unit can develop to generate bankable Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives;
- Provide guidance and updates to Director, PABF on activities in the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives Unit;
- Coordinate the evaluation and appraisal of client proposals and provide feedback with the aim of making the transactions bankable;
- Develop, negotiate and structure proposals and term sheets to feasibility and execution;
- Provide leadership and co-ordinate all activities of the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives Unit by ensuring that the processing of transactions from origination and through the credit approval process is finalised within optimal time;
- Support the Credit Department with relevant information to facilitate the credit appraisal process and the Legal Department to facilitate the transaction documentation process, in line with relevant service level agreements;
- Liaise with the Banking Operations Department to ensure a timely disbursement of approved facilities, in line with service level agreements and requirements. Collaborate with the Client Relations Teams to ensure the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives portfolio is managed according to the terms of the facility agreement until expiration of the facility;
- Develop and enhance capacity by supporting training initiatives for the Oil & Gas (Reserving Based Lending) & Extractives Unit and Client Relations Team on project finance solutions, in order to enhance the Bank’s market opportunities, intervention opportunities and transaction pipeline development;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized university. A professional qualification in Banking or Finance will be an added advantage;
- Relevant experience of at least 8 years within organisations familiar with project-related financing and the associated risk participation structures suitable for project related financings;
- Ability to communicate and operate in a culturally diverse and change oriented environment;
- Ability to engage with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments as required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage;
- Proven experience in project finance solutions as the candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of structuring, negotiating and pitching project finance solutions and interventions;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com