Afreximbank: Manager, Export Development (Project Development) – Cairo, Egypt
Reference Number: SRBLR-MGR-EXDE-005
Nature & Scope:
The role of the position holder will be to manage the development and implementation of projects under the Bank’s Industrialization and Export Development Initiatives with support from the Director, Export Development Finance.
- Manage the implementation of special projects that relate to industrialization and export development, including:
- the establishment of Industrial Parks, Innovation and Technology Parks and Special Economic Zones;
- the establishment of African Quality Assurance Centeres; and
- the establishment of African Medical Centres of Excellence.
- Support the successful delivery of identified initiatives under the department through effective facilitation, tracking, and reporting;
- Help with the identification of all workstreams under each project and prepare activity level work plans;
- Identify critical paths and activities and proactively bring them to management’s attention along with alternate plans;
- Act as the single point of contact between project execution teams and external stakeholders such as third-party contractors, service providers, and government bodies;
- Establish ties with market participants including African financial institutions, project sponsors and developers, corporates and commodity boards and organizations; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- An undergraduate degree in either Engineering, Development Studies, Finance or related field with a master’s degree in a related field and qualifications in project development, planning and management;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organisation and familiarity with the project development;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of project planning, development and management;
- Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in marketing trade and project finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org