African Export–Import Bank (Afreximbank) is a pan-African multilateral trade finance institution created to be the trade finance bank for Africa. Afreximbank intends to establish a state-of-the-art trade centre in the diplomatic zone of Cairo’s New Administrative Capital. The 90,000 sqm iconic mixed-use business complex, with an estimated development cost of USD 300 million, sits on a 50,000 sqm prime piece of land. The trade centre shall comprise Afreximbank new headquarters, rentable office space, a 5-star 150-room aparthotel, conference, exhibition, restaurants, parking, retail and six villas. Afreximbank seeks partners to, inter alia, fully or partially, finance, develop, design, build/construct, own and transfer, lease, operate and maintain the trade centre.
Afreximbank hereby invites expressions of interest from reputable, experienced and suitably qualified property funds, debt and equity investors, real estate developers and contractors. Submissions should be delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org before or by 31st January 2023. Submissions shall be reviewed on a rolling basis, matched to Afreximbank requirements and negotiated as and when received. The Bank will not be responsible for any costs associated with responding to this EOI. The following information shall be provided:
- Company profile, registration, location and ownership structure;
- Letter of Intent confirming interest/ capabilities; and joint ventures if applicable;
- Preferred participation structures and commercial arrangements;
- Anticipated debt funding terms, internal and external sources of funding and an indication of funding/equity availability;
- Confirmation of successful fundraising experience with projects of similar or excess quantum;
- Confirmation of successful participation in equity funding;
- Profile of mixed-use real estate developments executed; and
- Other previous, relevant and notable experience.