CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: MARBLR05
- Provide legal advice as required to the team managing an assigned portfolio of distressed credit facilities/ loans to minimize loss and maximize value of recoveries of from the sub and non-performing assets of the bank in line with set targets;
- Negotiation and preparation of legal documents with the Bank’s legal counter-parties and under the guidance of Director, Legal Services;
- Define and recommend appropriate solutions to legal problems and provide advice on constraints, risks and options in relation to loan work-out strategies with a view to reducing the Bank’s credit risk and maximize return;
- Closely interact with key stakeholders in the Bank including Business Development, Credit Assessment, Credit Quality Assurance, and Operations for the timely resolution of sub and non-performing loans;
- Ensure that the security package for all facilities in the Loan Remediation portfolio is perfected, with the most recent asset valuations as appropriate.
- Work closely with external legal counsel for the initiation and implementation of legal cases in the implementation of the loan acceleration and enforcement work out plans;
- Attend and actively contribute to the relevant committees of the Bank including; Pre-Assessment Committee, Business Committee, and Credit Committee to provide timely information necessary in strengthening the Bank’s legal and credit assessment process;
- Provide awareness and guidance to all stakeholders in the Bank with respect to the legal aspects of loan remediation policies, practices, and standards;
- Prepare timely and comprehensive Legal Updates reports on Loan Remediation reports to Senior Management and the Board on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively;
- Attend internal and external Bank meetings from time to time as may be guided by the Director, Legal Services and Chief Risk Officer;
- Undertake all such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First degree in French Law and a relevant postgraduate degree in from a recognized University or a bar certificate in lieu of a post graduate degree;
- A professional qualification in Banking or Debt Recovery will be an added advantage;
- Sound experience of minimum 8 years with a leading financial services organization and relevant experience in the following areas: loan workout, rescheduling, rehabilitation, acceleration, enforcement, liquidation of assets and collateral, modification and/or implementation of various forms of loan recovery strategies;
- Demonstrated knowledge of French Civil law legal and banking regulations, policies and procedures relating to Loan Workout processes under OHADA;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with challenging customers and situations as well as the ability to resolve problems using sound judgment;
- Knowledge and understanding of the laws, processes, and documentation about foreclosures, legal action, and solvency/bankruptcies, and recovery of delinquent commercial loans;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and utilization of various applications for loan collections & recovery;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage senior level interactions with a range of external stakeholders up to executive level;
- Ability to propose innovative solutions to complex problems which have a significant impact on the function or wider business;
- Possesses the highest personal and professional integrity;
- High levels of emotional intelligence and emotional resilience to be a good team player in a diverse legal team is a requirement.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Martine Ralfe at mralfecaglobalint.com
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Banking, Insurance, Legal & Finance is a division of the CA Global Group
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.