Afreximbank: Manager, Internal Audit (Shared Services) – Cairo, Egypt
Reference Number: SFBLR24
- The role holder will be responsible for the planning, execution and reporting on assigned internal audit projects in line with approved annual risk-based internal audit plans for Afreximbank’s subsidiaries covering development-oriented impact fund operations, insurance, and semi-autonomous strategic technology initiatives.
- Predominantly focus on internal audit projects, undertaking the planning of specific assignments, executing, and concluding fieldwork within set timeframes and reporting of audit findings and observations using approved audit methodology and consistent with international internal audit standards.
- Maintain quality work paper documentations that adequately support audit findings and conclusions.
- Liaise with auditees at all stages of the audit to ensure there are no surprises and manage the presentation of draft audit findings to stakeholders with a view to obtaining necessary buy in, including management responses and commitment to agreed action plans.
- Propose recommendations to address the established root cause of audit findings to the management of respective areas audited and follow up on implementation of agreed management action plans.
- Provide expertise in subject areas to help advise management on risks and controls, emerging risks, and international best practices.
- Assist the head of Internal Audit with other assignments including involvement in the development of internal audit policies, working tools and practices.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related fields from a recognized University.
- Relevant professional qualifications in Accounting, Auditing, Risk Management, Compliance, Forensics Accounting, Banking and Finance, Insurance, Marketing such as ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIA, CRA, CFE, CFA, etc.
- Minimum of 8 years of audit experience preferably in the financial services industry or consulting.
- Experience in auditing private equity and development impact funds, insurance, project, and infrastructure financing and/or insurance is required.
- Demonstrable understanding of Risk-Based Internal Audit (RBIA), risk management principles and corporate governance practices and frameworks.
- Strong analytical skills are required, including conducting audit in an automated environment with demonstrable proficiency in using both core audit applications and data analytical tools.
- Self-motivated and ability to drive work to conclusion and meet deadlines with minimal supervision. The candidate should be able to work independently and as a cohesive member of a small team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English combined with ability to build compelling business cases and adapt style to gain buy in. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Ability to work effectively in an evolving and challenging multi-cultural environment.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo for the opportunity.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org