Job Description: Assistant Manager, Syndications (Structuring and Distribution) – Cairo, Egypt
Business Development/Origination: • Actively participate in presenting proposals and mandate letters to clients emphasizing the benefits of syndication and co-financing thereby working with the Bank’s origination teams to secure syndicated loan mandates from existing and potential clients of the Bank; • assist in structuring transactions to ensure they reflect current market conditions and investor appetite in order to attract syndication partners; • market the Bank’s syndicated finance product as well as funded and unfunded risk participations to the widest possible group of syndication partners and co-financiers including DFIs, ECAs, commercial banks, African financial institutions, African multilaterals, insurers and other financial institutions. • coordinate and/or participate in deal road-shows and co-financing partner calling programmes to support expansion of the Bank’s syndication activities. • Actively implement of all aspects of the Bank’s syndication policies and procedures.
Syndication Loan Structuring and Distribution: In accordance with the Bank’s Syndicated Loans Policy (SLP): • conduct market soundings to identify prospective syndicate partner banks and financial institutions; • prepare syndicated deal documentation including teasers, mandate documents, term-sheets, and information memoranda that will be used to market syndicated deals and facilitate the entry of syndication partners into Bank arranged transactions; • support deal structuring and pricing negotiations; • execute mandated syndicate loan transactions in cooperation with the relevant client relations and product teams;
• Implement the Bank’s asset sale policy by identifying existing assets for potential secondary sale and obtaining market feedback on appetite levels and sale pricing; • Liaise with the Banking Operations department that performs the Bank’s portfolio management function to support the optimization of the Bank’s capital allocation through secondary market sales.
Insurance: • Secure credit risk insurance as maybe required by other Bank functions to meet credit conditions or support portfolio optimization. • Manage the portfolio of insured transactions through handling the information flow process, premium payments …etc. • Arrange periodic conferences and events for the insurers to showcase the Bank’s achievements and maintain a strong relationship with the insurance market.
• Conduct syndicated loan market research on pricing and deal structures to facilitate efficient distribution of transactions arranged by the Bank, including secondary market pricing for assets for sale; • Providing market pricing and risk appetite feedback to the Bank’s management and deal origination teams for their consideration of all syndicated facilities; • Lodge investor appetite and conversations with financial institutions in the client relationship management tool Debtdomain.
• Maintain and expand a diversified network of syndicated loan/co-financing partners including DFIs, ECAs, multilaterals, international commercial banks, African financial institutions, funds, and credit insurance companies; • Devise and implement enhanced cooperation in syndication and co-financing between the Bank and DFIs active in Africa; • Retain and manage relationships with a wide network of professional advisors, consultants and deal originators active in the syndicated loan market, including debt management and data service providers such as Bloomberg, ThomsonReuters, Debt domain etc.
• Work with the credit department to facilitate the credit processing and approval and the legal department with regard to transaction documentation for all syndicated facilities; • Prepare periodic and ad hoc departmental reports and presentations. • Any other tasks that may be assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
Qualification and Skill • Good first degree in a related area and a Master’s degree in economics, banking & finance, or MBA from a recognized University. • A professional qualification in banking or international trade finance or other related disciplines will be an added advantage. • Minimum 5 years of relevant experience acquired in a leading financial institution or organisation; • knowledge and working experience of trade, corporate, and structured finance products to be offered to clients, including syndicated loans, co-financing, club deals, and correspondent banking products including letters of credit, structured trade finance, corporate loans, project-related financing; • At least 5 years of experience in the syndicated loan market and good understanding of the African debt markets, with proven background in fund raising, syndications, loan structuring and business development activities in developing markets; • Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting; • Strong customer focus and ability to engage effectively with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments; • Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages (Arabic & Portuguese) is an added advantage; • Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives; • Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals.
Benefits and Contractual information:
• Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
• Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at
Oops! We could not locate your form.